(Applicable for both BA or MA degree holders.)
Koç University’s Design Lab is working on a novel interactive environment (DubTouch) which enables playing games by physically touching other players. We are looking for a candidate for our product development based PhD in Design Program to work in this project. See details about DubTouch here.
DubTouch is considered quite innovative by the NordiCHI’14 committee and presented at this high level conference together with other prominent projects.
The accepted candidate will undertake the implementation of a working prototype of DubTouch and will work in collaboration with other grad students for the design research of this interactive environment. During the PhD education, successful students may meet outstanding labs which we have relationships such as Disney Research, Google [x].
Requirements for the scholarship:
- ALES EA min 70
- GRE min. 685/154
- TOEFL min 80, IELTS min 6.5
- BA or MA degree including Engineering or Design Fields
- Experience in programming and electronics
- Monthly stipend: from 1400 TL up to 2500 TL*
- Housing or 525 TL if the student does not prefer housing
- Private health insurance
* Depends on ALES/GRE score.
See details here.
Submission link*: http://designlab.ku.edu.tr/pre-application/
* Design Innovation Research Group should be selected in the application form.
Submission deadline: 19 December 2014 17:00